Commodities Engineering entered the CTRM market in order to support commodities providers, trading houses and consumers in meeting their main challenges and expectations from a CTRM and its implementation :
– A CTRM efficient and reliable enough to calculate real time risks linked to volatility: market risk, client risks, Operational Risks
– A CTRM that shares data across different departments of the market players: straight-through processing
– A CTRM to replace old technology software by latest technologies
– A CTRM to handle multi-companies & books, multi-commodities, multi-currencies, multi-unit of measures
– A CTRM that is easy to implement and accessible everywhere
Developing and providing a new generation of CTRM: Balsamo
Utilising our hands-on implementation knowledge: Project Management, Change Management, Business Analysis, Financial Control, Data Migration
Exclusive Balsamo Business Functionalities:
Standard CTRM Functionalities of Balsamo
– Trade life-cycle management for Refined metals and concentrates
A fast and easy trade-capture system for multiple commodities and specifically metals deals management
High efficiency in supporting Refined metal and concentrates by calculating:
– Pricing rules
– payable contents
– specific business rules : treatment charges, refining charges, price participation, price sharing, escalators
– Real time position, P&L and risk calculation and reporting
A scalable and efficient calculation engine which will support real-time and end of period P&L and risk calculations in a reasonable time-frame
With it’s integrated BI tools, Balsamo delivers complex position, P&L reports and risks cards
“Tree” database allowing unlimited flexibility
Manages multiple users, companies, commodities, units of measure, currencies, products…
Precise and flexible trade valuation module that will allow you to setup your own rules
Offers a flexible pricing formula module based on quotation periods compliant with different markets and especially with LME, LBMA, COMEX, SHFE price rules.
Provides segregated and secured environments by company, commodities
– Detailed and precise cost tracking system
– Logistics events, i.e. inventory and shipping modules
– Manages future trades (outrights, spread, averages) and forex trades
Commodities producers, trading houses and consumers need a CTRM that is able to handle the products and processes they are currently dealing with. Most Generic CTRMs cover multiple commodities and standard functionalities (product life-cycle, inventory, accounting) but they lack flexibility of adapting to specificities.
Balsamo is designed for Refined and Metals Concentrate so adaptability to other commodities is a smooth transition.
Refined Metals and Concentrates is currently covered by no CTRM provider as they are limited by the depth of the content specificities.
Manage the whole life cycle of your trades
Specialising in CTRM for metals concentrates, raw materials and refined metal, CE is the leading provider of CTRM solutions for the metals, scrap and recycling industries. Our clients range from miners to traders and end consumers. Designed by a team from the metals industry our CTRM, ‘Balsamo’, is a fast, reliable, scalable, efficient and user-friendly CTRM using latest technology to provide the best user experience to manage these demanding and complex commodities.
We are so confident in Balsamo that we offer a unique risk free, try before you buy, Proof of Concept to allow you to put your most complex trades and scenarios through the system before committing to purchase.
- Fast and easy trade-capture system for metals deals management.
- Supports Raw Materials such as metal concentrates, Scraps, Industrial Minerals, Minor Metals, Precious Metals by calculating payable contents and their specific business rules – treatment charges, refining charges, price, participation, price sharing, escalators etc.
- Allows you to create new complex business rules: Payables, TC, RC, PP, Scales, …
- Efficient and scalable processing supports real-time and end-of-period P&L, mark to market and risk calculation.
- Integrated BI tools deliver complex position, P&L reports and risks cards.
- Web-based SaaS or dedicated hosting options.
- Manages multiple users, companies, commodities, units of measurement, currencies and products
- Provides segregated environments by company, commodity and book.
- Offers a flexible pricing formula module based on quotation periods compliant with different markets pricing rules – such as LME, LBMA, COMEX, SHFE
- Many-to-many allocations of physical-to- physical and physical-to-futures/Forex
- Optimise contract optionality, QP’s, back pricing, delivery, qualities etc.
- Inventory, WSMD, logistics, blending, tolling, Invoicing, assay exchanges and analysis
- Fast end of day, month, period P&L/MTM closing, data import/export & interfacing
Producing – Trading – Logistic – Risks – Hedging – Accounting – Treasury – Financial Controls – Consuming
Our Offer to the Metal Industry
Benefit from a unique blend of proven industry knowledge, try before you buy and an unequalled licencing and service package.
The Commodities Engineering team have implemented CTRM solutions for traders, miners and smelters working with raw materials, concentrates and base metals industries across the globe. The team are unique in their industry experience, comprising of former Financial Managers and Controllers for daily P&L, MTM and risk, and contract/ traffic administrators.
We know your industry because we’re part of it.
Our Unique Proposition
- We are the leading provider of CTRM solutions for the metals, scrap and recycling industries
- We offer a unique, risk free ‘try before you buy’ proof of concept allowing you to input your most complex trades and scenarios through the system before committing to purchase
- Our design team consists of people from the raw metals and refined world who have an unparalleled knowledge of the industry
- Our system is fast, reliable, scalable, efficient and user-friendly
- We use the latest technology to provide the best user experience to manage demanding and complex commodities
- We respect and support our clients, partners and people
Handle full trade lifecycle of any commodity
All integrated – no more spreadsheets
Cloud Based for secured access worldwide
CE-Commodities Engineering SARL
Address: Chemin du vieux-puits 15
Email : email@example.com
Land-Line : + 41 (22) 575 33 24
Terms and Conditions